A series of recommendations to improve security within Council Rock School District would total about $800,000, according to estimates by district officials.
The recommendations include improved visitor controls, facility improvements, training, intervention and increased staffing.
Here is a breakdown of the proposals and the cost based on the best estimates by district officials:
- Visitor access system, $60,000
- Panic alarm system, $75,000
- Signage, $20,000
- Interior barriers, $2,200
- Cameras, $55,000
- Entry glass treatments, $25,000
- Counselors, $130,000
- Middle School CARES program, $130,000
- Security staff, $50,000
- Secure vestibules and key pad access, $250,000