The Rails to Trails project has sparked much conversation throughout the township with many people believing it would be a good use of the land and others thinking it will be detrimental to the residents. The Board of Supervisors will discuss the possibility of converting an unused SEPTA rail that runs through the township into a multi-use trail at tonight's meeting
In addition to the Rails to Trails project, the supervisors will consider bids for purchasing de-icing salt, the execution of the solar power purchase agreement for the Senior Center and more at the monthly meeting.
There will also be two flag presentations at the beginning of the meeting for U.S. Army Private Terrence McGovern and U.S. Marine Lance Corporal Drew Sestito.
The board also announced a few rules of conduct for attending the meetings so that the Board of Supervisors can conduct an efficient and productive meeting while encouraging positive discourse.
Residents are encouraged to abide by the following rules when offering public comment:
- Stay focused on the topic being discussed
- Accept divergent perspectives and respect the opinions of others
- Listen carefully about what others are saying whether or not you agree
- Do not interrupt others when they are speaking
- Limit your comments to 5 minutes, if possible, to allow time for others to participate in the meeting discussion
- Focus on positive, constructive outcomes
- Avoid comments about personal matters; limit comments to Township business only
- Do not hold side conversations; they are disruptive
- Encourage & support different points of view
- When in doubt, ask for clarification
- Recognize that everyone shares responsibility for the success of the community
View the full agenda for the Sept. 19 meeting on the township website. The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the township administration building.