.

Home Struck by Lightning, Owner Puts Fire Out With Hose

A home on Mallard Rd caught fire briefly Tuesday afternoon due to lightning.

The porch roof of a home on Mallard Road in Northampton caught fire after being struck by lightning Tuesday afternoon, the Courier Times reported.

Northampton Fire Co. Deputy Chief Rob Holmes told the newspaper there were no injures in the incident, which was reported at 4 p.m. The fire was extinguished by the homeowner with a garden hose before firefighters arrived, according to the Courier Times.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »