Amtrak’s latest East Coast high-speed train plan could get you from Philadelphia to New York in 37 minutes, according to Philly.com.
The faster service is part of a major plan, according to Philly.com, that would:
- Create 40,000 construction jobs a year for 25 years
- Create 22,000 new permanent jobs
- Be completed in phases, ending in 2040
- Accommodate trains traveling 220 mph
- Expand Market East station in Philadelphia
- Send bullet trains through tunnels under Philadelphia
- Cost $151 billion
What do you think? Is this worth it the money?