Working can be pretty stressful, and some jobs require a little caffeine pick-me-up to get through the day. Ten professions in particular require the most coffee, according to a survey by Dunkin' Donuts and CareerBuilder.
The survey of 4,100 workers nationwide found that 62 percent of workers between the ages of 18 and 24 say they are less productive without coffee, and 58 percent of workers between the ages of 25 and 34 said the same.
Additionally, 63 percent of workers who drink coffee actually drink two or more cups each work day, and 28 percent said they drink three cups or more.
So which professionals drink the most coffee? Here are the rankings:
- Food Preparation/Service Workers
- Sales Representatives
- Marketing/Public Relations Professionals
- Nurses (Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
- Editors/Writers/Media Workers
- Business Executives
- Teachers/Instructors (K-12)
- Engineering Technicians/Support
- IT Managers/Network Administrators
In celebration of National Coffee Day, some area coffee spots are brewing up some specials for you coffee addicts.
- Dunkin' Donuts is selling a pound of coffee for $5.99 (plus tax) on Sept. 29 and Sept. 30.
- 7-Eleven is declaring Friday, Sept. 28 CofFREE Day. From 6 to 10 a.m. get a free large cup of coffee, while supplies last.
- McDonald's is giving a free small cup of coffee away through Saturday, Sept. 29.
Here's to getting through the workday!