1. It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day! In honor of the day enjoy a little Pirate rock, courtesy of Captain Scurvy and the S.S. Pancake.
2. You're running out of time to register to vote if you haven't already done so. The deadline is Oct. 9.
3. The Board of Supervisors will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m., and the agenda is jam packed.
4. The previous home of Salon @ 532 is vacant. What would you like to see take its place?
5. Weather: It's going to be mostly cloudy today, but will gradually become sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The high will near 72 degrees, but drop to a low around 50 degrees in the evening.