June 26: Philly Fourth Events Underway
Here are five things to know this Tuesday.
1. Philly's 10-day Fourth of July celebration has officially started. See what events will be taking place throughout the City of Brotherly Love.
2. Weather: It's going to be a breezy day with a north wind between 14 and 20 mph and a chance of sprinkles after 3 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. The high is near 78 degrees. The temperature will drop to a low around 56 degrees this evening.
3. At 1:30 p.m., take your preschooler or kindergartner-aged child to the Library of Northampton Township for the Little Dreamers Book Buddies Program, where he or she will be paired up with a teen for stories and crafts.
4. If you love classic cars, head to Shady Brook Farm for Cruise Nights tonight at 6 p.m. In addition to the cars, there will be 50/50 raffles, music, playground fun for kids and food, drinks and ice cream will be available for purchase.
5. We are still taking nominations for a bunch of new Readers' Choice categories. Tell us where you get your favorite frozen treat, whether it's an ice cream cone, frozen yogurt or a milkshake.