Bucks County Election Results 2012
Updates on the 2012 federal, state and county elections will be posted here throughout the day. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, too, at #PatchElections.
100 percent reporting; the results are unofficial until declared by the Bucks County Board of Elections
LIVE 2012 BUCKS COUNTY ELECTION RESULTS
|Race||Democratic Candidates||Results||Republican Candidates||Results|
|U.S. Senate||Bob Casey
|Kathy Boockvar||137,130||Mike Fitzpatrick||175,118|
|PA Attorney General||Kathleen Kane||161,539||David Freed||143,310|
|PA Auditor General||Eugene DePasquale||143,477||John Maher||154,402|
|PA Treasurer||Robert McCord||150,372||Diana Irey Vaughan||147,523|
|18th State Assembly||uncontested
|29th State Assembly||Brian Munroe||14,904||Bernie O’Neill||20,861|
|31st State Assembly||Steven Santarsiero||20,495||Anne Chapman||15,010|
|140th State Assembly||John Galloway||18,412||Eric David||6,755|
|141st State Assembly||Tina Davis||17,600||Anthony Sposato||6,653|
|142nd State Assembly||uncontested
|143rd State Assembly||Joseph Frederick||12,537||Marguerite Quinn||20,362|
|144th State Assembly||uncontested||Katharine Watson
|178th State Assembly||uncontested
In 2004, with about 320,000 total votes, Sen. John Kerry beat incumbent George W. Bush by a slim margin of about 3 percent. Barack Obama, however, beat Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential balloting by a 16 percent margin with a total of 332,924 votes cast.
Historically, Bucks sways slightly to the democrats overall in presidential elections. In 2008, most municipalities went to Obama, though Northampton Township and Upper Southampton Township gave McCain a victory over Obama by less than 2,000 votes.
The larger portions of the county, such as the Quakertown and Doylestown areas, leaned heavily to the democrats in 2008. Also, in Lower Bucks, some Bensalem and Levittown area precincts picked Obama 2-to-1.
In state races, Republican Mike Fitzpatrick beat incumbent Patrick Murphy by 9,000 votes for the 8th Congressional District in 2010. This election, Fitzpatrick ran against Kathy Boockvar and won by about 40,000 votes.
- Soldier Not Able to Vote in Falls
- Mysterious Signs Appear at Wrightstown Polling Place
- Poll Worker Frustrated with Problems That Keep Voters from Voting
- Vandal Defaces Bensalem Lawn Sign; Calls Romney the Devil
- Kids Voting: 'We Get Our Own Say'
- Newtown Borough Poll Workers Put Politics Aside
- Video: Pa. Rep. Frank Farry Addresses Local, National Election Issues
- State Rep. O'Neill Faces Challenge from Munroe
- David Vies For 140th Against Rep. Galloway
- Sposato Challenges State Rep. Davis in 141st State Assembly Race
- Frederick, Quinn Face Off in 143rd
- Fitzpatrick, Boockvar Vie for Congressional Seat